Slamming UP chief minister for mismanagement and corruption in the state, Congress (I) has said Mayawati government cheated the poor farmers on the pretext of providing free high breed seeds. Her government declared a scheme for free supply of free high breed seeds to SC/ST farmers owning land less than 1 hectare. But government made this available only to 12,500 people of SC/ST category. Later it was found that the list of beneficiaries was bogus and the money went into the pockets of corrupt BSP leaders, said Congress (I). It is estimated that this is a scam of more than 50 crore. On investigation it has found that the list actually contained names of landless laborers who had nothing to do with highbred seeds. Congress (I) has said Mayawati government did not hesitate to cheat even poor farmers who were deprived of benefits of the scheme.
This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments:
Post a Comment